This is a smart investment choice at premium rates. You choose the term from 3 months to 3 years and we’ll lock in a great rate.
Share Certificate Features
- Minimum deposit of $1,000 to open a certificate account.
- Share Certificates are available for any term from 3 months to 3 years. You’re in control when you pick any term between 3 months and 3 years or pick a specific maturity date to coincide with your needs.
- Rate Step Up option allows you to increase your rate once during the life of the certificate without extending the term to take advantage of rising rates. The rate step up option is available on Share Certificates with terms of 2-3 years with balances of $10,000 or more.
- You’ll earn competitive rates so your money can grow. You can lock in a rate for the term of the certificate (fixed rate accounts) or choose a variable rate index (variable rate accounts). The variable rate index is adjusted monthly based on the national index.
- Dividends are compounded and paid monthly on the average daily balance, from day of deposit to day of withdrawal.
- You choose how you want your dividends paid. Dividends can be paid back to the Share Certificate account to earn the greatest return, paid to another Eagle account, or have a check mailed to you.
- No action needed to renew your Share Certificates for the original term at the rates offered at maturity. Share Certificates will automatically renew unless you give us new instructions.
- Share Certificates can be used as collateral for loans at low rates.
- Your deposits are insured by NCUA up to $250,000.
Federally Insured by NCUA
SAVINGS DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
Nature of Dividends - Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings, after required transfers to reserves at the end of a dividend period. Dividend rates are declared periodically and are subject to change.
Average Daily Balance Computation Method - Dividends are calculated by the average daily balance method which applies a periodic rate to the average daily balance in the account for the period. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the balance in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period. The period we use to make this calculation is monthly.
Effect of Closing an Account - If you close your account before dividends are paid, you will not receive the accrued dividends.
Fees and Other conditions may reduce the earnings on Savings, Premium, and Certificate accounts.
Certificate and Club Account Penalty - Penalty may be imposed for early withdrawals.
Variable Rate Certificates - Rates are subject to be adjusted daily.
Other terms and limitations may apply to these accounts. You may obtain a current copy of the "Terms and Conditions" brochure by contacting the credit union office. Need a copy of the "Terms and Conditions" brochure? E-mail us a request.